Continental UltraContact UC6 Tyres Available in Battersea
- Full control on wet roads
- Extreme short braking distances in dry and wet road conditions
- High grip level combined with long durability
- Low noise level
Features and Benefits
Extreme short braking Lower noise level distances in dry and wet conditions
The chamfered angle of the Diamond Edge in the pattern maximises the contact area of the pattern to distribute the braking forces more evenly while braking.
Without this chamfer, the tread block distorts and loses some of its contact with the road.
In wet conditions, the Diamond Edge acts as a wiper that clears the water film away from the tread blocks for short braking distances.
Higher safety on wet roads
For added safety, Aqua Channel surface sipes quickly directs the water film from the tread pattern as they contact the road. This gives the tyre enhanced water evacuation ability.
On wet roads, the center of the tire is at highest risk from aquaplaning.
To further reduce this risk, specially developed Aqua Drainage elements are positioned to quickly push water through a tube system into the tread grooves
Adaptive superb grip leveland long mileage
The new adaptive Diamond Blend Compound consists of two polymer types:
- The short grip-polymers are activated when the vehicle is driving throughcorners or while braking. This energy is transformed into heat to enable high grip and short braking distances.
- The long mileage-polymers are entangled and therefore strongly connected to each other, which ensures a high mileage performance.
Lower noise level
Further evolution of the well known Noise Breaker to interrupt the noise waves in the tread grooves.
As noise carrying air travels through the tread groove, it contacts the Noise Breaker 2.0 and is effectively broken down.
This results in a quieter ride.